Calico Kitten Names
Are you looking for a name for your new furry friend? Finding a name for your kitten may be overwhelming. It is a highly personal issue between you and your pet. Before you rush and choose any cute name, consider something that has a personal meaning. It may relate to your pet’s personality or looks. Lucky for you, we put together a list of great calico kitten names, from really unusual calico cat names to
famous calico cats that will definitely inspire you!
Unusual calico cat names
- Confetti – small colored pieces of paper just like your calico kitty.
- Rainbow – made up of an array of colors.
- Tiger – for a fierce calico.
- Autumn – yellow or brown seasonal colors.
- Mosaic – calico cats’ furs have different colors like the pattern on a mosaic.
- Ginger– classic! Calico cats greatly resemble the orange color on ginger.
- Butterscotch – a confectionery made of butter and sugar.
- Amber – if your calico has a yellowish tone; this name is associated with a yellowish resin.
- Tortoise – this name denotes the pattern of the tortoiseshell that looks an awful lot like your calico.
- Nemo– remember the animated movie Finding Nemo? The fish character greatly resembles a calico. It’s even exciting if your cat has the same frisky personality just like him!
Famous calico cats
- Monarch– the monarch butterfly has white, black and orange colors. Just like a calico.
- Hobbes– the movie cat Hobbes from Calvin and Hobbes who has orange, white and black fur.
- Picasso– Especially for black and orange cats when come to think of it, Picasso’s paintings have similar shapes and bright colors just as the Calico cat.
- Oriole– the beautiful bird that has similar coloring to that of a calico.
- Pumpkin– the name pumpkin has always been a cute one! Even more exciting, it has an orange color, just like your calico.
- Boo– calico cats makes us think about the Halloween holiday. Boo sounds like a rad name, doesn’t it?
- Candy– what about some Halloween candy?
- Patches– this name greatly describes your calico’s fur color pattern.
- Marble– the marble effect on a calico’s fur.
- Camo– just like the camouflage pattern on the calico’s fur.
- Pixel– the small dots on the calico that make up a large beautiful pattern.
- Inky– the black patches on a calico resemble ink.
Torbie cat names
- Pebbles– how cute is this? Calico’s round patchy coloring can resemble pebbles.
- Freckles– we can all agree that the specs on the calico almost look like freckles.
- Dot– calico’s may at times have some dots on their fur.
- Cheddar– just like the bright colored cheese.
- Cheetos– what about a cheesy snack?
- Saffron– this is a reddish orange spice.
- Sundae– if a calico would magically turn into a dessert, he/she would be a sundae, with lots of chocolate syrup. Yum!
- Caramel– just like the beige – orangey colored desert.
- Spice- calico’s look like hot spice colors.
- Turtle– have you ever had the Turtle desert? It has a combination of chocolate and caramel that resemble the calico’s coloring.
Names for multi colored cats
- Amaretto– this name is inspired by the orangey sweet tasting liquor.
- Clementine– a cute, sweet tasting orangey fruit.
- Snickers– your beloved calico looks just like the combination of caramel, chocolate, peanut and nougat.
- Reese– some more candy maybe?
- Leaf– what about a leaf in fall? Can have colors that resemble your calico’s fur.
- Harvest– the name fits the beautiful, earthy feel of fall.
- Ernie– remember the cheerful guy from Sesame Street who was colored black and orange?
- Callie– just another fun calico name.
- Hallie– short for Halloween holiday. Just imagine your calico dressing up in a orange colored camouflage costume, and going out for trick or treating…
- Penny– calicos are sometimes described as good luck charms. Maybe you’ll get lucky winning the lottery after you get a calico? Imagine that!
Names based on Personality
- Jasper– jasper stones can resemble the color of a calico.
- Iniki– just as like hurricane Iniki. Does your calico storm often around the house?
- Cammi– also short for camouflage.
- Callerina– spice it up by changing the word “ballerina” for the calico.
- Vanila– this represents a calico that has lighter colors.
- Vivid– representing sharp transitions of the coloring in calicos.
- Toulouse– the orange kitten in the Disney show Aristocrats.
- Sweetie– just because calicos can be so sweet.
- Cinnamon– cinnamon spice resembles a calico’s color.
- Honey– just as sweet and orangey as the calico.
- Hallie– cute name for a female calico.
- Maple– maple syrup is similar to the calico coloring.
- Mystique– calico’s can look mystical, with their specially colored fur coat.
So, whether you’re feeling creative and completely off the wall, or just looking for a sweet name for your adorable calico, rest assure that these names will have you covered!