Best Cat Shampoo for Sphynxs
Just like any other cat, a Sphynx will get dirty playing around. However, since it does not have hair to pull away the oil and dirt from its skin, you will often find its neck area, arm pits and back legs dirty, which they may rub off on your sofa or on its own sleeping spot. You may use baby wipes for a quick cleanup of your sphynx but for a complete bath, you will need a mild shampoo that is suitable for their sensitive skin. It is also preferable that is has an oil base and is non-soapy, to keep the cat’s skin soft and beautiful.
The Top 5 Best Rated Shampoos for your Sphynx
Earth bath All-Natural Pet Shampoo
This shampoo is all natural, soap-free and leaves your pet smelling like cherries. Moreover, it is completely biodegradable which means it poses no threat to the environment. The main ingredients of this shampoo are aloe vera and oat meal, both of which are known to counter skin reactions and allergies.
- Ideal for dry, sensitive skin or for pets with skin allergies.
- Easily cleans any oil deposits.
- Has all-natural ingredients.
- It needs to left on for 5 minutes which is a bit much, especially for pets who hate baths.
- Some people may find that it can cause their cat’s skin to get a bit dry.
Pro Pet Works Natural Oatmeal Pet Shampoo
This Oatmeal Pet Wash by Pro Pet Works is a concoction of aloe vera extracts and almond oil, ideal for pets with sensitive skin. It has a refreshing smell that is not over-powering so is easy for your pet to like it too. If your Sphynx cat has flaky skin, this shampoo will help with that.
- All ingredients are natural.
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
- The smell is mellow, which may leave your pet smelling again after a day or so.
- It does not mix with water too good, so more product may have to be used.
Organic All-Natural Hypoallergenic Pet Shampoo Dogs & Cats
Created with USDA certified organic oils, this vegan shampoo leaves your pet’s skin moisturized and itch-free. The strong lemon grass notes along with a completely non-toxic solution will not only keep your pet clean but moisturize your hands too!
- Hypoallergenic, non-soap, alcohol and steroids free.
- No harmful chemicals or synthetic fragrance.
- The essential oils in the shampoo repel insects like fleas and mosquitoes.
- The consistency is a little thin and since a sphynx cat does not have hair, you might need a generous amount.
Espree Silky Show for Pets
Espree Silky Show is a blend of sunflower oil and aloe vera that is organically grown. It is especially recommended for pets with dry skin. It will keep your sphynx especially moisturized without much of the grime that it is likely to get on its skin otherwise. The image on the bottle might say it is good for dogs, but it is safe to use on cats too.
- Keeps the skin of your pet very soft for a long time.
- The sphynx cat will smell good for days after the bath.
- The smell is strong and may not appeal to everyone.
Calily Life Organic Dog and Cat Shampoo + Conditioner
Rich in Shea butter, oatmeal and aloe vera, the Calily Life Organic shampoo and condition is a soothing mix that will help retain smooth, healthy skin. It has a strong smell that ensures that the pet smells good for a longer period of time after taking a bath. Pets with sensitive skin can give it a try; however, a patch test is recommended.
- Doesn’t burn the eyes.
- It is eco-friendly and non-toxic.
- Keeps the skin moisturized for a long time.
- The consistency is very runny and you need a generous amount of the shampoo to lather properly.
- The contents contains sodium sulfate and alcohol which means it isn’t 100% organic.
What To Consider When Buying Shampoo
When buying the best shampoo for your sphynx cat, there are many things that you need to keep in mind because they are not your regular cats. They are hairless and hence, their skin is more gentle and sensitive. Here is what you need to keep in mind:
Safety is of utmost importance. It is ideal to do your research and look reviews before you buy a shampoo for your Sphynx cat since they are sensitive. Therefore, always read the ingredients and see if your cat is allergic to any of them. Moreover, see what certifications the company has; this definitely points towards a more reliable product. Your cat’s safety is your utmost priority so this cannot be overlooked.
Quality of Ingredients
The high quality of ingredients will ensure that whatever is being absorbed by the cat is natural and will not cause itching or inflammation. Moreover, you need to ensure that there are no toxins added.
Everyone has a budget and therefore, you need to consider it too. Just remember that just because a certain shampoo is expensive doesn’t necessarily mean that it will be good also and vice versa.
A good refund policy means that the company is confident about their product and believes in good customer service. It is advised to check out the helpline numbers provided and make sure they are real.
Having established the key points when shopping around for shampoo for your sphynx feline, the above 5 shampoos are currently the best ones on the market. While each one of them has its downsides, that doesn’t mean you will necessarily experience them, as any cons will vary from case to case. However, from our research, we believe that Organic All-Natural Hypoallergenic Pet Shampoo and Espree Silky Show would be the best out of the lot because of the quality of their ingredients and their credibility, the former being USDA approved. Just make sure you do a patch test before introducing any new shampoo to your Sphynx cat and you are good to go.