Sphynx cats are incredible and very unique animals. They are not only playful, friendly and energetic pets, but they are also great with children and other pets. Sphynx cats make truly adorable pets in spite of their strange appearance.
Ironically, because of their hairless nature, this breed needs more care than most other cats. If you are a huge fan of these lovable naked kitties, you will understand why they need extra care and attention. This is especially true when it comes to picking the right litter for them because some cat litters can irritate your hairless cat’s skin, causing yeast infections or skin sensitivities.
For that reason, we’ve picked out 5 of the best kitty litter that is great for Sphynx cats and is very easy on their skin. This will make your litter choice easier, when shopping for litter for your special Sphynx feline.
- What you should consider when buying cat litter for your Sphynx
- Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter
- Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Clump & Seal Clumping Litter
- Fresh Step Extreme with Febreze Freshness Clumping Cat Litter
- Purina Tidy Cats Light-Weight Clumping Litter for Multiple Cats
- Purina Tidy Cats Light-Weight Clumping Cat Litter
- In Conclusion
What you should consider when buying cat litter for your Sphynx
With so many types of litter out there, (and a sea of results coming back for a simple online search) choosing the right litter for your Sphynx cat may seem like an overwhelming task, but it doesn’t have to be.
The best litter to use for your hairless cat is a large grain, non-perfumed, non-clumping litter. There are a few other important things that you need to consider when buying litter for your Sphynx cats:
1) Dust-free – Sphynx cats tend to have very sensitive respiratory systems, and when you’re buying cat litter for your Sphynx cat, you need to ensure that you get the litter that is low on dust.
2) Clumping vs Non-Clumping – The most noticeable feature of cat litter is whether it clumps when moist or not. Clumping litter is a good choice because it means that you don’t have to change all the litter at once, you can just pick out the hardened urine clumps along with the feces.
3) Odor Control – If you own a Sphynx cat, choosing cat litter with great odor control is definitely a priority. You want one that absorbs odors rather than masks them like most scented litters do. Just remember to keep the litter box clean no matter what scent is coming from it. Sphynx cats have a very sensitive sense of smell, and they will know the box is dirty even though all you smell is the litter’s air freshener.
4) Cost Pricing – This is another important factor to consider before choosing which cat litter to buy for your Sphynx. When comparing cat litter prices, take into account not only the amount of litter (weight, volume) but also how long you can use it. Think about how often you’ll need to change the all of the litter in the box.
5) Refund policy – Choose a product that has a refund policy that is easy and convenient. If you are not satisfied with the product for whatever reason, you should be able to return it for a full refund. Check before buying so that you don’t get stuck with a huge sack of unused cat litter.
As this review has shown, Sphynx cat owners have a lot of options when it comes to buying cat litter – from the simple and conventional lines to the more unique products. There are some important factors to consider like cost, clumping, odor control, scented or not, packaging, and so on. Just remember that even with all those choices to make, the bottom line is, you need to choose the litter that not only works for you but one that your Sphynx cat will love!