Best Cat Food for Himalayan Cats
As with any treasured feline, it seems like there’s a multitude of choices out there when it comes to cat food. Himalayans have a diet that suits them best, and in this article, we’re going to explore the top brands that owners love. These products all have their pros and cons, so we’re going to highlight these features, helping you to make the proper decision for your furry friend.
Best Rated Cat Food for Himalayan Cats
Weruva Grain Free Canned Wet Cat Food View On Amazon
This is a brand that many pet owners have come to trust. Their wet food product features cage-free, boneless, skinless white breast meat, and all ingredients are grain-free, gluten-free, and also free of GMOs. There are a number of different flavors to choose from, so even the most finicky cat can find something that suits them.
The brand has also been around for quite some time, and they’re constantly innovating their products and recipes to suit the modern domestic cat. Family-owned for over 10 years, all the food is made in a human-grade production facility, and they adhere to all safety and quality standards.
- Uses grain-free ingredients, which is beneficial to your cat’s overall health.
- Supports a high-protein diet which is also low in fat and carbs.
- Maintains proper moisture levels to promote urinary tract health.
- Disapproval of the fish flavor of this product, and complaining that the texture is too rough.
- Trouble getting cats to eat many of the flavors due to inconsistent quality.
ZiwiPeak Canned Cat Cuisine View On Amazon
Here we have a brand that is quite unique, and has many products on offer. They also prefer meats that are free-range and grass-fed, and raised in an ethical way. All meat comes from sustainable New Zealand farms, and they aim to create the right balance of fat and protein for your Himalayan.
They also use a number of unique ingredients, such as New-Zealand Green Mussels that provide a tremendous amount of Chondroitin and Glucosamine. These are wonderful ingredients for joint health.
- Entirely free of grains, soy, potatoes, fillers, and sugars.
- Made in chunky loaf style, which cats find quite palatable.
- Limited ingredients in the recipe are comprised of 93% fresh meat, organs, and muscles.
- Customers have complained that they have found small bones in the product, which can be hazardous.
- Despite the loaf-like texture, pet owners had a hard time getting their cat to eat it.
Hill’s Science Diet Adult Tender Dinners Chunks And Gravy View On Amazon
Featuring a new, stylish label, this product was recently updated but still boasts the same great nutrition and flavor. This product is intended to promote your cat’s healthy digestion, and is also formulated to help your cat achieve their ideal body weight.
There are several flavors to choose from, and a number of different protein sources. The company also makes dried foods which are a good addition to the wet foods. Please note that at 7 years of age, your cat should graduate to the 7+ formulation.
- They offer a handy 100% satisfaction guarantee, so that if your cat doesn’t enjoy it, you can return the product for your money back.
- A good solution for improving your cat’s digestion and weight.
- A number of different high-protein flavors to choose from.
- Some pet owners have trouble getting their cats to eat this food.
- The product is much more expensive than other brands.
Rachael Ray-Nutrish Indoor Complete Natural Dry Cat Food View On Amazon
From this beloved American chef comes this dry cat food which boasts great flavor and natural ingredients. All the protein used in this product is 100% real and nutritious.
There is also a special superfood blend that helps to complete your indoor cat’s nutritional needs. You’ll find that this product is also full of fiber, which is important for your cat’s digestion.
- Contains antioxidant-rich berries that help support immunity.
- Contains probiotics from pumpkin and dandelion greens which support digestion.
- A rich source of protein.
- Customers complain that the product is over-priced.
- Some cats may gain weight with this product.
Hill’s Ideal Balance Adult-Natural Chicken & Brown Rice View On Amazon
This dry cat food product is made from natural ingredients, and is supplemented with extra vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. There are no added ingredients such as wheat, corn, and soy, and there are also no artificial colors or preservatives.
This product is intended for adult cats. Chicken is the first ingredient on the label, and that’s a good sign. Also, the high-protein nature of this product is ideal for maintaining a slim, trim physique for your cat.
- Boasts added fruits and vegetables, for more nutrients and antioxidants.
- Promotes bladder health.
- Contains a great deal of fiber in the form of brown rice.
- Some customers complain that the flaxseed in this product is too difficult for their cat to digest.
- Contributes to smelly stools in some cats.
Royal Canin Breed Health-Nutrition View On Amazon
Here we have another great quality brand that we are happy to recommend. The ingredients include highly digestible proteins that help limit your cat’s stool odor.
There are also nutrients in the product that help trap calcium, thus contributing to the dental health of your cat. These same ingredients can also aid in hairball elimination. This product is specifically formulated for indoor cats, and it comes in both wet and dry varieties.
- The perfect solution for dental health and elimination of plaque buildup.
- High-digestible formula is easily consumed by most cats.
- Comes in many flavors to choose from.
- Contains corn, soy, and wheat glutens.
- There have been some reports that the product made some cats ill. Even though, these reports are a minority, with this product being generally popular.
What to Consider When Buying Food for Your Himalayan cat
- Nutritional Value: Just as with our own diets, it’s essential that you find a product that has high nutritional value. This will come in the form of a high-protein diet, using real, grass-fed meat.
- Byproducts and Fillers Are a NO GO: Try to find a product that is absolutely free of byproducts and fillers. That means no gluten, soy, grain, corn, or other worthless additives.
- Carefully Read the Labels – Watch for Artificial Flavors and Preservatives: Be sure to inspect that label carefully! Some brands will try to sneak in some artificial flavors and preservatives.
- Know your Budget: Lastly, consider your budget. Some products are more expensive than others, and some of the expensive ones aren’t worth the extra money. Read plenty of reviews before you buy.
Finding the proper food for your Himalayan cat does not have to be a difficult chore. We’ve highlighted some of the top-selling products, so that you will be able to make a good choice. After choosing a product, monitor which food your cat loves most, and then note any changes in body weight, health, or personality to make sure it’s good for your cat.